Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow

Thursday, January 06, 2005

TAEGUKGI: brotherhood of war

On my birthday, my friend kevin gave me a DVD as a gift. The movie is entitled "TAEGUKGI" The Brotherhood of War.In this film we meet Jin Tae (played by Jang Dong Gun), who shines shoes and sacrificed his education for the sake of his younger brother, Jin Seok (another one-note performance from current flavor Won Bin). We also meet Jin Tae's fiancee, Young Shin (Lee Eun Ju).The opening scenes are somewhat charming as we saw the love between the 2 brothers. The year was 1950 and the story highlighted the Korean War wherein families were ripped apart.

From the director of " Shiri" Kang Je-Gyu is Asia's answer to Saving Private Ryan (we i haven't seen Saving Private Ryan but my friend thinks that they almost have the same plot). The Korean War of 1950's served as a background to this family melodrama. As we check our history books, North Korea unexpectedly invades, and the two brother's were forced to flee their hometown and seek refuge to their uncle.
This movie made my mother and bapbap cry. It touched every watcher with love, anger and sense of family. How can war turn against their own kin, but eventually it is proven that blood is indeed thicker than water.
In whatever circumstances a family will always stick together and endure the hardships of life. I was amazed as i saw the courage of the two brothers and their unconditional love for each other
This film is quite expensive and i can say that it's worth it. But i'm not giving all the credits to this movie...like what happened to Jin Tae's fiancee i think she got a total of 20 minutes in the whole movie. Pity, i think the director should have given her more redit she seems to be a good actress. Her acting ability wasn't quite showcased in this film. Some say that Dong Gun Jang (Jin Tae) well...I'm not that impress either.But i guess the film got too emotional that you can't really focus whether he's a good actor or not. As for Won Bin...my, he was really cute he!he!he! i'm not a Won Bin fanatic but i saw some of his tv series and he really knows how to change his acting style. I think this is his 1st major film.

But for an Asian film, i say its quite good...i hope many can watch this...well i have a DVD copy.....good for me....: )

1 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

you have to get a host. sign up ka sa photobucket.com, mura na sya og photo album. kung naa na ka account, i-upload imo pics gikan sa PC. dayon kopyaha ang tag sa pic didto sa imo post. kuha nimo?

3:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home