Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow

Saturday, June 25, 2005

What Women Want

In a brief conversation, a man asked a
woman. he
was pursuing the question "What kind of
man are
you looking for?"

She sat quietly for a moment before
looking him in
the eye and asking "Do you really want to
know?"
Reluctantly, he said "Yes."

She began to expound..." As a woman in
this day
and age, I am in a position to ask a man
what he
can do for me that I can't do for myself. I
pay my
own bills. I take care of my household
with out the
help of any man...or woman for that
matter. I am in
the position to ask "What can you bring to
the
table?"

The man looked at her. Clearly he
thought that she
was referring to money. She quickly
corrected his
thought and stated "I am not referring to
money. I
need something more. I need a man who
is striving
for perfection in every aspect of life."

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms,
and
asked her to explain.

She said, "I am looking for someone who
is striving
for perfection mentally because I need
conversation and mental stimulation. I
don't need a
simple minded man.

I am looking for someone who is striving
for
perfection spiritually because I don't need
to be
unequally yoked...believers mixed with
unbelievers
is a recipe for disaster.

I am looking for someone who is sensitive
enough
to understand what I go through as a
woman but
strong enough to keep me grounded.

I am looking for someone who I can
respect. In
order to be submissive, I must respect
him. I
cannot be submissive to a man who isn't
taking
care of his business. I have no problem
being
submissive...he just has to be worthy. God
made a
woman to be a help mate for man. I can't
help a
man if he can't help himself."

When she finished her spiel, she looked at
him.
He sat there with a puzzled look on his
face. He
said "You are asking a lot."

She replied "I'm worth a lot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home